Experience the rivers, rainforests, jungles, mountains, and wildlife reserves of Sri Lanka on a 6-day adventure tour. Activities include white-water river rafting, a rainforest trek, a wetlands tour, a jeep safari in a national park, and kayaking.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Duration 6 days
Check availability to see starting times.
Skip the ticket line
Live tour guide
Bandaranaike International Airport or any point within the Western and Southern provinces. There may be additional charges if the meeting point is not locatColombo. Please inquire.
- Experience a white-water rafting adventure on Sri Lanka’s Kelani River
- Trek through the rainforest in the Kitulgala jungle
- Take a safari by jeep to see the wildlife in Udawalawe National Park
- Tour the Ramsar Wetlands by boat on the Maduganga River
- Enjoy untamed wilderness along the perennial waterways while kayaking through the rainforest
Spend an adventure-filled 6 days in Sri Lanka, discovering the island’s natural wonders and engaging in a number of activities in the jungle and rainforest, on rivers and wetlands, and in a national park that’s a game reserve. You’ll stay in 3 or 5-star accommodation and enjoy daily breakfast and dinner, as well as travelling around the island in air-conditioned comfort.
Days 1 and 2: Arrival/Kitulgala You’ll be met on arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport by a representative and transferred to your eco-hotel in Kitulgala. Spend a relaxing night in the Kitulgala jungle near the Kelaniya River. Enjoy a BBQ dinner with the sound of the roaring river in the background. On the next day, you’ll experience 5 kilometers of white-water rafting on the picturesque Kelani River, which features 5 major rapids and 4 minor rapids. Nature lovers and bird watchers will be rewarded with sightings of the Crested Serpent Eagle, the Ceylon Spur Fowl, the Ceylon Hanging Parrot, and the Layard's Parakeet. As you trek in the Kitulgala Forest Reserve you’ll come across spectacular hidden waterfalls. Enjoy a cool dip in a stream. Overnight in Kitulgala. Kayaking is another popular adrenaline pumping activity in Kitulgala and it is one of the perfect ways of exploring the rich fauna and flora of Kitulgala. There are several places in the area where you can have a memorable kayaking experience. You can also try your hand at a spot of birdwatching and explore the rich natural wealth of the rainforest from your kayaking boat.
Day 3: Kitulgala/Sinharaja Leave in the morning for Sinharaja, the last remaining rainforest in Sri Lanka. You’ll trek with a trained forest explorer and experience the untamed wilderness of a natural rainforest. Overnight in Sinharaja.
Day 4: Sinharaja/Udawalawe After breakfast leave for the hotel in Udwalawe, where you will enjoy a safari tour by jeep, accompanied by a jungle tracker. You’ll be on the lookout for elephants, bears, deer, monkeys, and maybe spot some leopards too. Overnight in Udawalawe.
Day 5: Udawalawe/Bentota Have breakfast at the hotel before departing for a beach hotel in Bentota/Hikkaduwa. Along the way, you’ll stop in Galle, the best-preserved colonial city on the island. Galle is one of Sri Lanka’s ancient seaports and was an anchor point for the Silk Route. The Portuguese later built a fortress on the site and the Dutch fortified it further. Today the fortress is a World Heritage Site. Visit a turtle hatchery that was set up to protect and replenish the turtles that have been nearing extinction. Eggs are gathered and hatched in enclosed areas where the birds can’t reach them. A couple of days after hatching the babies are let out into the sea at night, offering them the best chance of survival. Later you’ll explore the natural wealth of the Maduganga River by motorboat, and see the islands in the wetlands that are largely inaccessible by road. Overnight in Bentota.
Day 6: Bentota/Colombo After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll depart for the airport with a stop to visit Colombo. Enjoy a tour of the city’s top sites, and spend some time shopping before heading to Bandaranaike International Airport for your departing flight.
- Accommodation at 3 or 5-star hotels (double-sharing basis)
- Meals (half board: 5 breakfasts and 5 dinners)
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver (or preferred language)
- Entrance fees (Sinharaja rainforest, Kitulaga sanctuary trekking)
- Safari entrance and Jeep hire in Udawalawe National Park
- White-water rafting trip
- Turtle hatchery entrance
- Maduganga boat
- Meet and greet at the airport on arrival and departure
- All government taxes
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Optional activity costs
Know before you go
- This activity includes light adventure activities such as trekking, white water rafting, and a safari.
- Cancellation policy: 21 days or less, a 100 per cent cancellation charge applies. Between 21 days and 30 days, a 50 per cent charge applies (the equivalent of the first 2 days’ charges). 31 days or more, no cancellation charges apply provided no commitment or advances have been made to 3rd parties
- Check in at the hotel: 1:00 PM
- Check out by 10:00 AM