Discover the very best that Iceland has to offer on this guided 6-day tour from Reykjavik. Travel the Ring Road and see some of the country’s most stunning destinations including the Golden Circle, the South Coast, and the magical Ice Caves.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Duration 6 days
Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide
Pickup is from hotels and guesthouses in the city center of Reykjavik. The pick up process takes around 30 minutes between 8:00am and 8:30am. Check www.busstop.is for the closest pickup location.
- Travel the popular Icelandic Ring Road in a small group
- Explore some of the country's most stunning attractions
- See geysers, magical waterfalls, black sand beaches, and hot springs
- Relax during your overnight stays in cozy countryside accommodation
Your Icelandic adventure begins with pickup from Reykjavik and heads out along the Golden Circle. Marvel at the natural landmarks of Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir and Þingvellir National Park, admire hot water spouting from the earth, and learn about the history of Iceland while you travel. Spend your first night at a cozy hotel on the South Coast.
On day 2, visit the waterfalls of Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss, where you can walk behind the cascades for a truly breathtaking experience. From here you'll embark on a hiking tour to a nearby ancient glacier before heading back to the black sand beach at Reynisfjara. Spend the night in the small village of Vík, and enjoy free time in the evening to explore the local area or mingle with your fellow travelers.
On day 3, discover Skaftafell National Park, where glistening white sheets of ice contrast against the stark black sand. Afterward, take a tour of a stunning ice cave and see huge blocks of ice floating in the glacier lagoon of Jökulsárlón. Spend the evening looking for the world-famous Northern Lights, a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
On day 4 takes you on a wildlife exploration through the East Fjords in search of wild reindeer and other native animals. Next, learn about the culture and way of life of nearby local villages then pass by Lake Lagarfljót, where a monster is said to live! Marvel at the forests of Hallormsstaðaskógur before spending the night at a sleepy village. Explore the geothermal region of Lake Mývatn
on day 5 and see the lava pillars of Dimmuborgir. Continue to the Námaskarð Pass to gaze at the earth boiling and bubbling before your eyes, then spend the night in Akureyri, the Capital of the North. Finally,
on day 6, wander along the breathtaking fjord of Eyjafjörður and visit Kaffi Kú to get to meet local farmers. You'll stop by Hauganes for a whale watching tour, included in this adventurous getaway. At the end of a busy and exciting 6-day trip, travel back to Reykjavik where your adventure comes to an end.
- Pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik city center
- 5 nights accommodation in a double or twin room with a private bathroom and breakfast
- Glacier hike
- Ice cave tour
- Hauganes whale watching
- English-speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the bus
- Horseback Riding (can be added by contacting the tour operator)
- VÖK Baths Entrance (can be added by contacting the tour operator)
Not suitable for
- Children under 8 years
Know before you go
- The accommodation for 5 nights includes a private bathroom and breakfast
- Solo travellers must pay a single fee supplement to get a single room
- Each participant can bring a day bag and one piece of luggage weighing a maximum of 20 kilograms (44 pounds)