Join this tour along Iceland’s south coast to discover its stunning glaciers, lava fields, volcanoes, and waterfalls. See the well-known Diamond Beach and Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Duration 2 days
Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide
As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik center, your pickup may be from the nearest bus stop.
Itineraries can change at the last minute due to weather conditions and other factors.
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano (view)
- Mýrdalsjökull (view)
- Sólheimajökull (hiking)
- Reynisfjara Beach
- Jökulsárlón (boat cruise)
- Diamond Beach
- Explore the beautiful south coast of Iceland
- Enjoy an unforgettable view over Solheimajokull Glacier
- Go on an optional amphibious boat tour at glacier lagoon
- Walk on the magic Black Beach of Reynisfjara
- Visit three magical waterfalls, the Seljalandsfoss, Gljufrabui, and Skogafoss
Begin by visiting the two great waterfalls of the south coast, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, as well as visiting the lesser known, more secret waterfall of Glufrabui. You will stop so that you can buy lunch. Drive under the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano and the Mýrdalsjökull glacier cap, where you can take part in an optional glacier hike (bookable as an extra) for about 1.5 hours and have a closer look at the Solheimajokull glacier. A bit further is the great Reynisfjara beach, where the sea crashes upon black sands and hexagonal basalt columns and rock stacks tower over the surroundings. After overnighting in an Icelandic countryside accommodation, take a closer look at majestic glaciers and lagoons. Visit the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and take an optional amphibious boat tour (bookable as an extra), sailing on the lagoon. See the huge chunks of ice crack off the Breiðamerkurjökull Glacier and float slowly out to sea. Some icebergs wash onto the shore, lying on the vivid black sand like diamonds on satin.
Spot seals swimming around the huge icebergs before visiting the turf-roofed church Hofskirkja and Fjadrargljufur River Canyon. The canyon was formed a few thousand years ago during a glacial period, leaving a snaking river behind when the ice sheet retreated.
- Pickup and drop-off within Reykjavik
- English-speaking guide
- Accommodation for 1 night in a double or a twin room with ensuite bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi on bus and usb chargers
- Optional) Guided blue ice hiking tour with all necessary safety equipment
- Optional) Amphibious Boat Tour at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Lunch and dinner (you will make scheduled stops so that guests can buy lunch and dinner during the tour)
Not suitable for
- Children under 10 years
- Wheelchair users
- Cheapest dateCheck availability
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags