Experience the very best Iceland has to offer on this six-day tour from Reykjavik. Travel the popular ring road and visit some of the country's most stunning destinations including the Golden Circle, the South Coast, and the magical Glacier Lagoon.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Duration 6 days
Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide
At selected locations in Reykjavik.
- Thingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- Black Sand Beach Reynisfjara
- Vatnajökull National Park
- Diamond Beach
- Hengifoss Waterfall
- Litlanesfoss Waterfall
- Námaskarð Geothermal Area
- Goðafoss Waterfall
- Deildartunguhver (hot spring)
- Travel the popular Icelandic Ring Road in a small group
- Visit some of the country's most stunning attractions
- See spouting geysers, magical waterfalls, black sand beaches, and unique hot springs
- Explore all that the island has to offer accompanied by a local guide
- Relax overnight stays at countryside accommodation
Day 1: Golden Circle and South Coast The adventure begins with a pickup in Reykjavik then visit the popular Golden Circle attractions of Thingvellir, Geysir, and Gullfoss. Experience spouting geysers, historical and geological wonders, and the beautiful golden falls of Gullfoss. Then make your way to the impressive South Coast where you will be greeted by the magnificent waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss before reaching your accommodation for the night.
Day 2: Vik, Skaftafell, and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon After breakfast at your hotel, journey further south towards the charming village of Vik. Make a stop at the unique and photogenic black sand beach of Reynisfjara. After visiting Vik, make your way to the famous Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon with its floating icebergs. The nearby Diamond beach is also on today's agenda. See icebergs that have washed ashore glistening like diamonds on the black sand beach, leaving you feeling like you just stepped into a movie scene. Your accommodation for the night will be in the Hofn area, known for delicious lobster.
Day 3: East Fjords Today is all about exploring the East Fjords of Iceland. Driving along the coastline is an experience like no other. It is characterized by narrow roads and remote peninsulas. Before reaching Egilsstadir town, where you will be spending the night, visit Djupivogur fishing village. Take a hike to Hengifoss waterfall and stop by the towering Litlanesfoss waterfall.
Day 4: Dettifoss, Myvatn, and Akureyri Drive through the wilderness of Modrudalur to make your way to the capital of the North, Akureyri. Today's highlights include a visit to Dettifoss, Europe's most powerful waterfall. Then Lake Myvatn, where you can enjoy a relaxing bath in the hot spring pools of Myvatn Nature Baths. Finally, see the dreamy Godafoss waterfall. Your accommodation for the night will be at a country hotel near Akureyri.
Day 5: Whale Watching, Siglufjordur, and Trollaskagi The day starts with a drive through the charming town of Akureyri towards Dalvik for a whale-watching adventure. Humpback and minke whales are a common sight and sometimes you might even be able to spot a majestic blue whale. After your adventure at sea, try out your sea angling skills then enjoy a team barbeque with your catch of the day. Make your way to your accommodation for the night in the Bifrost area. Drive through the fishing village of Siglufjordur, which is a charming village rich in history, and the Trollaskagi peninsula, with some of the best ocean scenery you will see.
Day 6: Visit the West Iceland region The day begins with a short hike up to Grábrók, a volcano crater. Stop at Deildartunguhver hot spring, the legendary waterfall, Barnafoss, (the Children´s Waterfall), and the Hraunfossar cascade. You'll also visit Reykholt, home to Snorri Sturluson, the Icelandic historian, lawyer, politician, poet, and the author of some Icelandic Sagas.
On the way back to Reykjavik you'll drive around the scenic fjord, Hvalfjörður (Whale Fjord).
- Pick up and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Five nights accommodation in a double or twin room with a private bathroom and breakfast
- Guided tour in a minibus
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board the bus
- Entrance fee to the Myvatn Natura Baths (can be added for a small fee)
- Lunch or dinner
Not suitable for
- Children under 8 years
Know before you go
- The accommodation will be a shared double or twin room with a private bathroom
- If you are a solo traveler and do not wish to share a room please contact us to upgrade to a single room
- Each participant can bring a day bag and one piece of luggage weighing a maximum of 20 kilograms (44 pounds)
- The order of the itinerary may change due to weather and other related factors
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years old