Discover the incredible biodiversity and rich flora of the Horton Plains National Park, a protected area in the central highlands of Sri Lanka. Enjoy a scenic train ride through the beautiful landscape then hike to the World's End Viewpoint.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Duration 11 hours
Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide
Pick-up is available from most centrally located Ella and Bandarawela hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the pickup location.
- Explore the UNESCO site of Horton Plains National Park
- Enjoy many photo opportunities amongst the rich flora
- Take an unforgettable train journey through picturesque villages
- Embark on a guided walk as you scout for wildlife
- Hike to the World's End Viewpoint and visit Baker Falls
Get picked up from your hotel at 5:45 AM and drive to the railway station for a scenic train ride to Ohiya station. Arrive at 8:30 AM where you will be picked up and transferred to Horton Plains National Park.
When you arrive, begin your walk along the park's nature trails to a viewpoint known as World’s End with your guide. Walking through the narrow paths will be really interesting as you pass grasslands and interspersed with patches of thick forest, rocky outcrops, filigree waterfalls, and misty lakes. The surprising diversity of the landscape is matched by the wide variety of wildlife. The World's End Viewpoint is a sheer cliff, with a drop of about 4,000 feet (1,200 m). Nearby, you will also find the Baker Falls, a 20-meter cascade of water named after Sir Samuel Baker, a famous explorer.
Admire the stunning views, relax and enjoy a packed lunch. At 2:30 PM you will be taken back to your hotel, arriving at approximately 4:30 PM.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Ella and Bandarawela hotels
- Train journey to Ohiya
- Horton Plains National Park fees
- English-speaking guide
- Refreshments and water
- All government taxes
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- Round-trip transportation is available from most centrally located Ella and Bandarawela hotels
- Please arrange pick-up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation
- Pick-up time and duration will be changed according to the location
- Please wear comfortable clothing