Join this 3-day tour exploring the South of Iceland to discover the Golden Circle, stunning glaciers, lava fields, volcanoes, strong rivers, magic waterfalls, and the amazing Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon.
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve now & pay later
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Duration 3 days
Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide
Pickup is included from your hotel or other accommodations in Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik center, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop. You will be notified of your exact pickup location. Pickup takes place between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM, so please be ready from 8:30 AM at your pickup location and look out for a bus with with the local partner's logos on it. If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at the local partner's office at Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify the local partner directly if you intend to use this option and be there a few minutes before 8:20 AM.
Itineraries can change at the last minute due to weather conditions and other factors.
- Thingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- Kerid Crater
- Hveragerdi (visit)
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano
- Sólheimajökull (hiking)
- Reynisfjara Beach
- Jökulsárlón (boat cruise)
- Diamond Beach
- Explore the beautiful south coast of Iceland including the famous Golden Circle Route
- Explore the Geysir Geothermal Area with active geysers and hot springs
- Visit 5 magic waterfalls, Gullfoss (The Golden Waterfall), Seljalandsfoss, Gljufrabui, Skogafoss
- Spend time on the Icelandic countryside enjoying unique geothermal attractions
- Walk on the magic Black Beach of Reynisfjara and Diamond Beach
See some of the most amazing sites in southern Iceland on this 3-day guided tour.
Start your tour by visiting the highlights of the Golden Circle. Visit Thingvellir National Park where you can stand with one foot in Europe and one in America. Next, see Gullfoss,one of the most impressive waterfalls in Iceland, and marvel at the Geysir Strokkur as it erupts every 5-10 minutes.
Then, discover the Mars-like landscape of Kerið, a magical crater lake of brilliant blue-green water surrounded by bright red soil. You'll spend the night in Hveragerði Village before starting the next day on the south coast. There you can visit a unique Geothermal Park and try bread baked in the hot ground, boil eggs in boiling stream or simply relax at foot mud baths.
On day two, visit the two great waterfalls of the south coast, Seljalandsfoss, and Skógafoss, as well as the lesser-known waterfall of Glufrabui. Then drive under the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier cap where you'll can enjoy a 1.5-hour glacier hike (optional).
End the 2nd day at the great Reynisfjara beach, where the sea crashes on the black sands, and you can see the hexagonal basalt columns and black rock sea stacks. Rest at an overnight stay in the remote Suðursveit County.
On the last day of your tour, take a closer look at majestic glaciers and lagoons. Then, head to the amazing Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon where you can take a boat tour (optional), sailing on the lagoon. See seals swimming around the huge icebergs.
Finally, the last stop is at Fjáðrárgljúfur River Canyon. At the end of your tour experience, head back to Reykjavik with an estimated arrival time of 9:15 PM.
- Pickup and drop-off within Reykjavik
- English-speaking guide
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a double or a twin room with private bathroom
- Boat tour on the glacier lagoon
- Entry fee to Kerið Volcano Crater
- Free wifi on the bus & usb chargers
- Optional) Guided blue ice hiking tour with all necessary safety equipment
- Optional) Amphibious Boat Tour at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
Not suitable for
- Wheelchair users
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- The tour will make scheduled stops so that guests can buy lunch and dinner during the tour.